Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Only a few hours left!

Wow, I leave literally in a few hours! We will leave home around 1:30 (that would be AM), headed for Jackson to catch a 6:25 plane. Thank God for daddies who drive for their beloved daughters! :) The excitement is beginning to build! I still have no idea what in the world the Lord is going to do this summer, but I know that He always works in big ways! And I know that I have a whole herd of people praying for me, and for that I am thankful. I have been so blessed by friends and family, and people who might as well be family, since I've been home. The Lord has surrounded me with prayer warriors, and I trust that God's hand in their lives is strong and that they really will be faithful as they have promised to pray. What a blessing. Paul, in Ephesians 2, lists 3 things that he prays "the eyes of (their) hearts" would be enlightened to, and one of them is the glorious inheritance in the saints. While this could be interpreted in many ways, one way I like to look at it is how blessed we are to have fellow saints! And indeed, we are so very blessed! I would just like to ask you to pray and continue to pray for a few things this summer..
-That we will be ever-mindful of our need for prayer and the Lord's guidance, that we will not run ahead of Him or lag behind, but that we will be able to discern the Spirit's leading in our hearts.
-That we will quickly get to know one another and be unified throughout the summer, that we will encourage and love one another as Christ would.
-That we would, as Christ, seek to serve rather than to be served.
-That the Lord would make the people we are going to be in contact with hungry for the Gospel and willing to give their lives to His work.
-That we would connect with the people, form relationships, and know how to effectively minister to their needs.
-That we would fall in love again and again with the Savior of our souls! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment