Friday, May 15, 2009

Oh my, oh my..

I leave for Tennessee in a week and a half! It is really hard to believe, especially seeing as how my stuff from moving out of the dorm is still in the boxes and bags it came home in, untouched. I feel lazy, but I have tried not to move too much after getting these wonderful gum grafts done. An excuse? Probably. Anyway, I must admit that I have mixed feelings about this summer. On the one hand, I'm excited, but on the other I am kind of scared. Probably because it's my first time to do something like this, for this long, and quite honestly I don't know exactly what I'm going to be doing, but I have to trust that the Lord is sovereign and He has me going here for a reason. Looking back, did I not pray during the times they were assigning people to places that the Lord would guide their decisions? Yes. And I got my 3rd choice. Did I not pray for clarity in going? Yes. And here we are. How can I doubt my God? But I do. Yet He is faithful. (That probably doesn't make sense to anyone but me.)

I was reading this morning in some Psalms, where it repeatedly tells of the Lord's faithfulness. Psalm 89: 14 says "Righteousness and justice are the foundation of Your throne; love and faithfulness go before You." Here we are given 4 attributes of God: righteous, just, loving, and faithful. He is righteous, and He demands justice..He sent Jesus. He is loving and faithful. Always. In the midst of our faithlessness, our God is more than faithful. And powerful and loving. He is our just, righteous Father and friend. He is our loving and faithful Creator. And the next 2 verses speak of His sustaining power, "Blessed are those who have learned to acclaim You, who walk in the light of Your presence, O Lord. They rejoice in Your Name all day long, they exult in Your righteousness." He never changes (check out James 1:17). Our holy and faithful God. And He goes before us, leading the way in His triumphal procession. And He allows us to know Him and to make Him known.

Lord, humble me. Use me, though I am less than nothing. I am Yours, O Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment