Monday, June 15, 2009

I haven't forgotten!

So I know it's been awhile since I've updated, but I still don't have internet access! Adam is working on it now..some business about an anti-virus, and how the one I paid to have for 2 years is locked or something..anyway, who cares. Yesterday we got another group, and they are precious. They're just a fun group! Actually, all the groups I've had so far have been great and fun. Today I roofed for the 1st time! And then I went to split wood (something I've done all too many times..). It's been an interesting but very good day. We started with the roof, then it started raining, so we got to make a super big slip'n slide on the roof (not really, but it seemed like a fun idea!) to cover up our work (and the holes).

It's quite interesting to think about what the Lord is doing. Honestly, I can't put my finger on it (doesn't He always seem to work that way?). I expected to come and have opportunity after opportunity to share the gospel, then to spend time discipling these people. Nope, notta. Not even an opportunity. So then I question myself..am I praying enough? Am I right with God? What's the deal? And it seems that time after time the Lord has preached over me to wait patiently for Him to act. So many times we get ahead of Him and want things our way. How many times do we pray for specific things, then get upset when we don't see them answered in the way we want them to be answered? Yet I think many times He just wants us to be faithful, and in the wait He increases our patience and dependence on Him.

Every week we have a church that sponsors us and feeds us for the week, so on Sunday mornings we go to the service at that church. This past Sunday was at the First United Methodist Church here in Jeff City. Being there was such a blessing. Actually, every church we've been to has been a blessing. This week the preacher preached exactly what I needed to hear. Well, first, the music was incredible..the Spirit was moving through that, then the preacher preached on the conversation between Martha and Jesus after Lazarus's death in Matthew. She questions Him, saying that if He had been there Lazarus would not have died. Jesus then asks if she believes that he will be raised from the dead. Martha gets all theological on Him and is like yes, Lord, I know that he will be resurrected on the last day. But she missed Jesus' point. He then says to her, "I am the resurrection and the life..." The preacher talked about how many times we want the Lord to act the way we want Him to, and so we look forward to something, often missing the present miracle of being with Jesus. He said to her I AM..not I will be or have been, but I am. Right now. And many times we don't get our prayers answered immediately or in the way we want them to be answered, but Isaiah talks about how our thoughts are not God's thoughts. He has such a huge plan for this summer, and it's only a vapor, a small portion of His eternal plan of redemption. He knows the needs of the people in this town. He knows the needs of the groups that come in each week to volunteer. He knows our needs. He knows the needs of the precious people in Zimbabwe who are getting those doggon pills that were popped and shipped to them. This is HIS work, HIS plan and purpose, and we are blessed to be a part of it. So I must step back and have faith in my mighty God. I must trust that He will accomplish His purpose in us this summer, whether it looks like it or not.

Tonight, Dr. Burton, a former C-N physics professor, did another of his famous scripture monologues, and he quoted the scripture where Jesus is telling His disciples that they will be reaping what they did not sow. And it was like the Lord was saying to me, sometimes you will be the reaper, and sometimes you will be the sower. Perhaps many times we are the sowers. And that's not the fun part! But He has only called us to faithfully spread the Word through love. But it's encouraging to know that my God has a plan that is much bigger than what I can see or explain. Who wants a God they can explain? So we rest in the arms of the Almighty, not trusting in our own wisdom or understanding, but trusting Him fully to direct our paths. And He will. Because He's faithful, holy God. Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us in the Heavenly realms with every spiritual gift in Christ! :)

So if you would, just keep praying for our group, that we will be unified (we had a good Bible study on Ephesians 4 tonight and talked about it), and that we will be strengthened by the Spirit. Pray for the groups that come in every week, because many of them have junk in their trunks that they sometimes bring with them, if you know what I mean. They go through a lot at home, so many times they bring that struggle with them. But tonight we were blessed with a precious maissouce (ha, i can't spell!). Her work is going slowly, and she may be about to lose a lot with this awful economy and just because of some misfortune. But tonight she came and gave free massages to all the workers! Just because she's precious. And that blessed my heart, that she is the one who deserves the blessing, but instead she's giving it out. What a great picture of Christ. So pray for the people here, they have lots going on. Pray that Christ will be our center and focus. Once again, just pray for God's glory! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment